Membership is open to all those who give, take, and manage credit or have affinity with credit presently or in the past.
NICA IN BRIEF
1. The mission and core purpose of the National Institute of Credit Administration is to position professional Credit managers for success while setting standards of excellence in credit management, enhancing, promoting and protecting the interests of credit management professionals in all industries; existing primarily to serve and support its members, and to research and benchmarking.
2. In this regard, the vision statement of the National Institute of Credit Administration is to be a recognized national and global leader in credit management professionalism, education, research and ethics.
The values and principles that propel the institute in furthering its Vision and Mission are the continued commitment to:
(a) Members development
(b) Professional, Accountability and Compliance
(c) Honesty, Ethics and Integrity
(e) High Standards and Excellence
(f) Continuous Professional Development and Learning
(g) Credit industry Training, Research and Advocacy
The Mission of the National Institute of Credit Administration is to raise awareness and recognition for the importance of Credit management in all industries as the modern driver of economic growth and social development; stressing the imperativeness of professionally trained credit management specialists in all sectors of the economy with a view to contributing to the success and profitability of the organizations that employ them.
3. As a professional body, the National Institute of Credit Administration represents a field of activity (Credit Management) in all industries which is super unique and not covered by any other professional body in Nigeria.
4. Having a charted status with perpetual effect enables Institute of Credit Administration to share responsibility for the good character and reputation of the nation’s credit management profession and for making certain that all individuals working for corporate bodies that are buying and selling on credit in the economy are served with competence and integrity; discharging their responsibilities to their employers, fellow employees, customers and the community in a conscientious and equitable manner; and to unite in exposing unjust credit management practices, inequitable legislation likely to negatively affect credit management, fraud and corruption. And to provide and encourage training and education for all persons in credit management profession with the aim of constantly improving performance in all facets of credit management in all industries, and by continually seeking to maintain and improve personal knowledge, skills and competence in credit management specialization in Nigeria.
5. The National Institute of Credit Administration will contribute strongly to the development and sustainability of the ease of doing business in Nigeria; attracting trade and investment into the country through a network of international collaborations and partnerships, knowledge widening participation agenda with its counterparts in other countries.